Friday 7 December 2018

Jewish Book Week 2019

Next year, Jewish Book Week takes place from 2nd to 10th March 2019. I'm now a official blog partner, so expect lots of 'Jewish book-related tweets' from me over the coming months, with some posts on Off-the-Shelf Books too.

As many of you will know, I'm writing Jewish-themed crime fiction. So when Jewish Book Week contacted me (following my recent post on Chanukah - click here), I was very excited to get involved.



Be an early bird!
To celebrate Chanukah, Jewish Book Week has put 12 very special events from the 2019 programme at Kings Place, London, on sale A MONTH EARLY, including Elif Safak, Michael Rosen, Francesca Simon, Tracy Chevalier and many more. You can book your tickets here!!!


What makes a novel 'Jewish'?
Jewish non-fiction is easier to define, but what about novels? This is a question I've been asking myself over the last couple of days. What defines a novel as a 'Jewish book'? Is it ...
  • A Jewish author?
  • Jewish characters?
  • Jewish setting?
  • Holocaust theme?
Or, for you, maybe it's something else? Jewish Book Week would love to hear your thoughts.

Follow the #greatjewishbooks hashtag!
The Jewish Book Week twitter account is on the search for great Jewish books - creating the ultimate Jewish reading list! From now until Jewish Book Week 2019 (#JBW19), Jewish Book Week wants to know your recommendations - fiction and non-fiction. Share your thoughts and a photo with the  #greatjewishbooks hashtag and the Jewish Book Week twitter account (@JewishBookWeek) will RT for you!

My own search
I'm now on the search for more 'Jewish' novels to read over the coming months (time permitting). Most genres welcome. Since I tweeted yesterday, I've had an amazing response, with lots of recommendations - I already have 17 books on my list! I can't guarantee I will read everything in time for Jewish Book Week in March (as I still have other books to read, work to do and a novel to finish!). But I will certainly read as many as I can and continue reading them during 2019!

If you're a publisher or publicist, please do get in touch if you published any relevant books in 2018 or have something coming up in 2019. I'm not looking for 'free books'(!) - very happy to buy a book if I feel it's right for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment