Friday 18 November 2016

Tell Me No Lies by Lisa Hall

Tell Me No Lies
By Lisa Hall
Published by Carina (20 October 2016)
ISBN: 978-0008205195



Publisher's description
Don’t. Trust. Anyone.
It was supposed to be a fresh start.
A chance to forget the past and embrace the future. But can you ever really start again?
Or does the past follow you wherever you go?
Steph and Mark have just moved house, trying to find a way forward after all the secrets, lies and betrayal.

But starting over isn’t always easy. Especially when someone will go to any lengths to make sure you never forget…

My verdict
Lisa Hall gets right inside her characters' heads and hearts with a gripping rollercoaster read.

In Tell Me No Lies, we follow the story of Steph and Mark who have moved house to escape the shadows of their past. Steph is certainly put through her paces and given a rough time throughout the book. I did feel sorry for her and spent much of my time worrying about what was coming next.

Lisa Hall has created an unsettling plot filled with paranoia. Who can be trusted? Can anyone be trusted? Was Steph really going insane or was someone trying to manipulate her and her husband? How was the story going to pan out? I thought I had it sussed - and discovered I did have it sussed (possibly luck rather than judgement)  - but there was always that niggling doubt that I was going to be wrong. Lisa Hall provides the reader with plenty of twists, turns and red herrings.

The ending does leave the reader hanging, which won't go down well with everyone - and I do wonder whether my 'what happens next' theory could be right. I'm not sure if there is a sequel, but it would be interesting to find out. And I can't wait to discover what twisted tale Lisa Hall has in store for us next!

I received an Advance Reader Copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment