Wednesday 30 May 2018

Close to Home by Cara Hunter

Close to Home
By Cara Hunter
Published by Penguin (14 December 2017)
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher



Publisher's description
HOW CAN A CHILD GO MISSING WITHOUT A TRACE?
Last night, eight-year-old Daisy Mason disappeared from a family party. No one in the quiet suburban street saw anything - or at least that's what they're saying.
DI Adam Fawley is trying to keep an open mind. But he knows the nine times out of ten, it's someone the victim knew.
That means someone is lying...
And that Daisy's time is running out. 

My verdict
I raced through this cleverly plotted crime novel, which combines psychological thriller and police procedural. It's a very twisty, fast-paced read, with plenty of intriguing characters.

Eight-year-old Daisy Hunter went missing from a family party and no one saw her leave, or so they say. With no strong leads, DI Adam Fawley struggles to unravel this complex case to find the missing girl, questioning her dysfunctional family, neighbours, school teachers and even friends.

I loved the use of social media, with Facebook posts and tweets reflecting modern culture and the public's opinions, giving the book a very 'up-to-date' feel. This also made the story feel very real - and the characters too. I found myself questioning everyone's intentions and actions as I turned the pages.

Cara Hunter certainly keeps readers guessing all the way through Close to Home. This is a great debut, so I was delighted to discover that it's the start of a series. I'm looking forward to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment