Monday 18 July 2016

Killer Women Week - Day 1: Denise Meredith

It's Day 1 of my Killer Women Crime Writing Festival Feature Week. 

Today I have DE Meredith on my blog talking about starting a new novel. DE Meredith's latest book, The Devil's Ribbon, was published by Allison & Busby in February 2014. 

The Killer Women Festival is taking place at Shoreditch Town Hall, London, on 15 October 2016 - more details at the end of this blog post and on Friday. 

Don't forget to come back tomorrow - Tammy Cohen is next!





New Adventures Ahead
By DE Meredith 


I've just started a new novel, a crazy monster of a lunatic thing.  I've got no map, no GPS, no idea  where I'm going, Just a long, long road with  rain hammering the windscreen, me blinking like a bat, thinking WTF am I doing? The moon's behind a cloud, everything is dark, roiling, brooding. But with a thermos flask of endless coffee, foot on the gas, steady as she goes, I'll keep hammering word after word after word, page after page after page and then...I can see.....just up ahead ..a narrative arc, fleshed out people I hate, love, loathe, twists and turns, comedy, tragedy and woe and a year from now, I'll get out of the car, scratch my head think WTF and  the car might be tanked, the coffee just dregs, the tyres shot to pieces, the gear shaft buggered to hell....but I'll get there and the destination will be... The End


About DE Meredith

DE Meredith has written a forensic crime  set in the 1850s - the Hatton and Roumande Mysteries - The Devils Ribbon, Devoured. Now she's bashing away at flash fiction, short stories and a contemporary crime novel set in a university town and featuring a philosophical female sleuth.

Find out more about DE Meredith on her website and follow her on Twitter - @DE_Meredith


The Killer Women Festival
The FIRST EVER Killer Women Crime Writing Festival takes place on Saturday 15th October 2016 at Shoreditch Town Hall, London EC1.

Founded in 2014, Killer Women is a collective of female crime writers from London and the South East. As well as the Killer Women themselves, other high-profile authors taking part in the Festival include Ann Cleeves, Martina Cole, Mark Billingham and Val McDermid.

The day-long programme includes readings and debates, masterclasses, an exclusive Murder Mystery, Killer Women cocktails and much more.

Tickets cost £75 and are now available to book here!




Learn more through the Killer Women website and follow Killer Women on Twitter - @killerwomenorg 

Read my other Killer Women Festival Week blog posts:

Day Two - Tammy Cohen
Day Three - Erin Kelly
Day Four - Sarah Hilary
Day Five - The Killer Women Crime Writing Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment